Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What is the measure of a life?

Is it the moments, the memories?

The past, present, or future?


The legacy?

I'm pretty sure most of us don't know what life means
we can't figure out if it's worth dying, or living for.

I doubt anything self-centered could survive for more than a week
I even get sick of the things I do half the time.
so then life wouldn't be worth it, if all it was, was this..

but then when it's nice and dark out, around midnight or later, I walk out into the night with the cool breeze, and look up to the clear moon, with the clouds just so underneath it slinking about with the wind..

That's what I call a good moment.
Just like when I feel like playing guitar on my front porch.

anyway I figured life is better when I'm looking for the moon,
or playing guitar obnoxiously out in the open despite the mean spirited glances I may or may not receive..

1 comment:

  1. Very thought provoking questions Josh... ones I think that we all need to think on.

    ReplyDelete